Anant Platform Playbook
Use the technologies of the modern enterprise.
All components should be distributed so that it can scale and be available, all the time, to all users.
- Data storage is distributed and replicated for high traffic and availability.
- Queues or streams are distributed or sharded for high traffic and availability.
- Stream processing should be distributed for computional scale, speed, and availability.
All components should be realtime or reactive platforms.
- Data storage should respond to all read and write requests at high speeds.
- Queues should respond to all read and write requests at high speeds, without bottlenecks.
- Stream processing should handle queue processing and data storage/retrieval at high speeds, without bottlenecks.
All components should be extendable and not closed.
Don't reinvent the wheel if you can help it by using existing components that are extendable.
- Cloud native Software, platforms, and infrastructures should be leveraged if and only if they can be extended through APIs, or modules.
- Alternatively commercial open source software or platforms should be leveraged for ultimate portability and no vendor lockin.
- Pure open source should be used if no commercial or cloud options are available either as a managed service or as a commercially supported offering.
All operations with data and dev should automated.
- Development Operations (DevOps) should be implemented for continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD)
- Data Operations (DataOps) should be implemented for automated data pipeline management.
- All infrastructure, software configuration, and software maintenance should be automated.
All systems should be monitored with metrics and logging.
- All systems should have baseline Service Levels that are monitored as metrics.
- All systems should emit logs that are configurable at different levels.
- All systems logs should be aggregated and retained in an index for quick correlation and investigation.